Encyclopedia of Biological Chemistry
PDF | 64,9 MB | English
Written for a broad, cross-disciplinary audience, the Encyclopedia of Biological Chemistry addresses the fundamental discipline of biological chemistry underlying virtually all of the life sciences. This compilation of more than 500 different entries encompasses all aspects of biochemistry, as well as the extensions of this subject into the related fields of molecular biology, cell biology, genetics and biophysics. This comprehensive encyclopedia covers all areas of biological chemistry written by more than 500 selected international experts. Articles are generously illustrated including more than 800 images in four-color. Each entry contains a clear, concise review of the topic along with illustrations, a glossary of technical terms and a section for additional reading.
Each entry further contains general background and term definitions as well as a comprehensive review of the current research in the field. Students, science journalists and scientists seeking a concise introduction to specific topics will appreciate the clear, tabular format of each entry.
* Four-volume set with topics arranged from A to Z for easy reference
* Seven subject areas covering all areas of biological chemistry
* Over 1300 illustrations throughout with 800 in 4-color and over 200 tables
* Glossary of specialized terms and 'Further Reading' section provided for every article
* Includes entries on the latest research techniques
* Appropriate for students, researchers, and professionals
* Description back to top